Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 11:22:45 +0200

2012/6/1 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>:
> For me, the complexity of LilyPond itself outplays learning a new
> programming language by far.

In other words, saying "Who's going to learn LilyPond? Nobody will!"
is more or less the same as saying "Who is going to learn Scheme to
contribute to LilyPond? Nobody will!". Despite of what I've been
trying to convince myself for ages, at the end [possibly] LilyPond is
for geeks only. Geeks among geeks are who will learn whatever it is
necessary to learn for contributing. For example, contributors to
LaTeX packages have to learn hardcore lowlevel TeX and all those
cryptic @-commands. I am surprised on how many of them there are; the
fact is that many packages exist and they are made by geeks^2. Scheme
looks easy to me by comparison.

> Moreover, learning scheme has given me a
> very helpful and refreshing new perspective on programming.

If one would like to seriously learn and use Scheme, which IDE for
editing/running/debugging do you recommend?

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com