Editorial ties in scheme

From: Michael Lapsley
Subject: Editorial ties in scheme
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 09:10:24 +0100

This is my first attempt at scheme hacking and I would appreciate a little help.

What I am trying to do is implement editorial ties ( a small vertical line
mid tie).  I can find the X mid point easily enough, but cannot work out how to
find the Y position (relative to currentpoint). I've tried looking at Y-extent
but that gives a 'still calculating' error.

The second question is how best to integrate this into the user language?  The
score I am working on has many, many ties, about a quarter of which are
editorial,
so it would be nice to be able to switch between them easily.

{
        \override Tie #'stencil = #(lambda(grob)
                        (let* (
                               (tie-stencil (ly:tie::print grob))
                               (cpoints (ly:grob-property grob 'control-points))
                               ; (Xpoint3-Xpoint0) / 2 + Xpoint0
                               (mid-tie
                                (+(car(list-ref cpoints 0))( / (- (car(list-ref
cpoints 3)) (car( list-ref

                  cpoints 0))) 2)))
                               (ps (format #f "gsave
                                    currentpoint translate
                                    newpath
                                    0.2 setlinewidth
                                    ~s -2.3 moveto
                                    0 0.5 rlineto
                                    stroke
                                    grestore" mid-tie))

                               (tick-stencil(ly:make-stencil(list 'embedded-ps
ps )
                                             (cons 0 1)(cons -1 -1)))
                              )

                              (ly:stencil-add tie-stencil tick-stencil)
                              )
                              )

                              g'1~g'
}

Thanks,
        Mike

PS: mail server *seems* to be swallowing posts: apologies if this appears
several times.