Re: stem across voices

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: stem across voices
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 15:51:27 +0200

Il 03/06/2012 15:20, David Kastrup ha scritto:
Federico Bruni<address@hidden>  writes:

Hi,

can you tell me what's the "meaning" of a stem which connects a note
in a voice to a rest (?) in another voice?
See image attached.

There is no rest to be seen.  There are just two voices which share some
noteheads.  Also there is one glissando between two notes.

I'm referring to the third beat of the bar.
I'm wondering what the author means with that stem which connects the F in second voice to the beam in first voice.

Yes, you are right: they are sharing the same notehead.
But I think it's wrong: only one voice can play that note.
Probably the author should have used a (spacer) rest in first voice?

Sorry, I don't have any education in musical notation, my explanations will sound weird