Re: \voiceOne and placement of slur (close to noteheads)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: \voiceOne and placement of slur (close to noteheads)
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 21:27:05 +0200

Am 03.06.2012 16:42, schrieb Federico Bruni:
This question is related to a bug report I sent some hours ago:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2012-06/msg00022.html

Try to compile the attached file with 2.14.2 and 2.15.39 or git version.
You'll see that in latest version the slurs connect noteheads, even if \voiceOne is specified. I like this output (even if it breaks the slurs position in TabStaff). However, as soon as a beaming appears, the slurs go up the beams and away from noteheads. I guess that this is due to \voiceOne.

There's a way to keep the slurs close to noteheads? Is it a good intended output?
IIUC, the only way to keep the slurs close to the note heads is
to specify \slurDown | \slurUp *after* \voiceOne | \voiceTwo,
or you specify the stem direction by "_" or "^", respectively.

b8^( c) or b8_( c)

But in your specific case, the slurs will overlap in the space between upper and lower voice, so this looks o.k. only in cases where the two voices have a suitable distance.

Elaine Gould uses both ways of stem placement according to the distance of the two voices and the readability in presence of other signs and symbols like fingerings,
accents etc.

HTH,

Marc

When I write polyphonic music I must specify \voiceOne and \voiceTwo in order to avoid clashes.

Thanks,
Federico