Re: Piano centred dynamics and justification (a cautionary tale)

From: Hilary Snaden
Subject: Re: Piano centred dynamics and justification (a cautionary tale)
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 01:00:04 +0100

On 2012-06-04 14:18, address@hidden wrote:
On 4 juin 2012, at 01:47, Hilary Snaden wrote:

[Supposed bug report snipped.]

My guess (long shot) would be that if you're using a Dynamics context,
> there may be extra space in the context that is pushing it to the end
> of the line whereas the visible contexts end early.

That was it. After working on the score full-time for three days I couldn't see that {s1*3 s\p} is very different from {s1*3 s1\p} despite checking and correcting the dynamics block several times. After working in my garden for a few hours I spotted my error almost immediately.

The downside is that I've realised I'll get a very poor crop of apples this year. My guess is that the persistent rain throughout April stopped the bees from pollinating them. :-(

Thanks for the pointer.

--
Hilary Snaden