Re: Problem doing Scheme tutorial

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Problem doing Scheme tutorial
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 11:13:08 +0200

"Philip Thomas" <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear fellow-users,
>
> After failing to write what I thought should be a fairly simple
> define-music-function, I thought, this is it: Learn something about Scheme
> in a more structured way, old chap! One can only go on for so long relying
> on the (invariably kind and expert, and mostly very patient) advice from
> fellow users on this forum.

[...]

> "1.1.1 Scheme sandbox

[...]

> Can anyone help, please? I am running LilyPond 2.14.2 under Windows 7 64-bit
> (in case that's relevant).

The Scheme integration in the later 2.15 series has become much more
straightforward.  The documentation in that area has also seen more
improvement than most other parts of LilyPond, and the manual tells you
how you can use _LilyPond_ itself for getting a Scheme sandbox, thus not
requiring you to have a separate working Guile implementation.

So it might result in a better use of your time and frustration
tolerance to upgrade to a recent "developer" release and continue from
there.

--
David Kastrup