Re: Lilypond source code indenter and formatter

From: Hilary Snaden
Subject: Re: Lilypond source code indenter and formatter
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 01:34:47 +0100

On 2012-06-07 01:20, Graham Percival wrote:
On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 12:44:00AM +0100, Colin Hall wrote:

Is anyone on the list aware of a tool that takes a valid Lilypond
score as input and produces as output the same .ly file but with the
formatting and layout standardized?

Yes and no.  Various editors can do this.

Frescobaldi has a script to do it (see the issue), but it's not
clear if it can be run independently or not.  As implied by that
issue and
, it would be great if we had such a script, and I'd hope to ship
it as part of lilypond.  And, of course, run it on all our files
in git and all the docs.

The elisp function and optional shell script here

http://www.cslab.pepperdine.edu/warford/BatchIndentationEmacs.html

could easily be modified to make emacs with the LilyPond mode do the indenting. (Having said this, the emacs mode which ships with LilyPond 2.14.2 gets indenting wrong after lines containing manual beaming.)

--
Hilary Snaden