Re: Visibility of text spanners after line break

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Visibility of text spanners after line break
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 00:51:07 +0200

Am 08.06.2012 00:33, schrieb Urs Liska:
Am 07.06.2012 08:24, schrieb Eluze:
hi Urs

Am 07.06.2012 03:05, schrieb Urs Liska:
Am 06.06.2012 21:41, schrieb -Eluze:

Urs Liska-4 wrote:

I'm not sure but I seem to remember sthing like

\override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left-broken text) = #"that's it (or
just blank)!"
Unfortunately this also removes the dashed line after the line break.

not with my installation - any example?
\relative c' {
  \once \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "rit."
  % uncomment one of the following lines in turn to see the issue
%\once \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left-broken text) = "simile" % expected behaviour %\once \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left-broken text) = "" % also the spanner line is stopped %\once \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left-broken text) = " " % works
  c4\startTextSpan d c d | c d c d |
  \break
  c d c\stopTextSpan d | c1
}

With this example I get
"Improbable offset for stencil: -inf staff space
Setting to zero."

And then later (in German) three times:
"Warning: inf. or NaN found in output. Replaced by 0.0"

The result and the warnings are the same with 2.15.39 and 2.15.40 on Ubuntu.

no warnings on windows!

If I use a string with content this content is used for the second textSpanner.

Fortunately I found a working workaround: don't use an empty string but a string with one space.

yep - that's an old story (or everlasting problem). you can also use = \markup \null

Best
Urs

P.S. Did you omit replying to lilypond-user on purpose?
no, I simply replied but you were alone on the list. I include the list again.

greetings
Eluze