neutral direction cues

From: Ramana Kumar
Subject: neutral direction cues
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 10:39:42 +0100

Hi LilyPond

Is it possible to do something like \cueDuring without specifying a direction?

I know there is a polyphonic situation, but sometimes the thing happening during the cue is entirely spacer rests.
In that case it would be nice to format the cue with a neutral direction.

I tried giving the direction #0 but that seems to make \cueDuringWithClef ignore the clef.
Fixing this would probably be the best option from a user's perspective.

I don't know how to set up a \cueVoice manually in such a way that it quotes only the relevant extract from a quote, i.e. those "during" my spacer rests.

Thanks,
Ramana