Re: Scheme syntax vs. other languages

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Scheme syntax vs. other languages
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 16:55:15 -0700

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

People use more Scheme than they probably realize, and getting Scheme help by "devs" tends to work mostly unspectacularly.

["unspectacular" often means "not very good". I think you must be using unspectacular to mean "it just happens, without too much trouble".]

That's really not something one can take for granted in general concerning extension languages. That does not mean that it can't be improved. But it is easy to underestimate how much work it would take to arrive at net gains from a language/architecture switch. I don't think that the situation is in a state that starting from scratch would make a lot of sense.

Especially since you (and others) are getting a lot of work done right now - I think it would be a shame to interfere with that.

--
David R