Re: Appreciation / Financial support

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Appreciation / Financial support
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:07:16 +0200

Ivan Kuznetsov <address@hidden> writes:

> Music notation is complex.  Any ASCII representation of
> music notation likewise has to be complex.

Music consists of many notes and parts.  Any music instrument likewise
has to consist of many notes and parts.  For example, you can play
several dozens of different notes on a violin, so a violin needs several
dozens of strings.

> Any simplification of lilypond syntax must mean a removal
> of features.

Which feature did I remove by reallowing to use
\midi { \tempo 4 = 120 }
instead of
\midi { \context {
                   \Score tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 480 4)
       } }
or whatever it was?

Which feature did I remove by changing the use of $ in music functions
and making lexical closures work as one would expect?

> The only other alternative is to use a WYSIWYG editor [...]

Available complexity does not mean that things must not be worked as
expected.  It does not mean that simple tasks need to be complex as
well.

--
David Kastrup