Re: transcribe notes

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: transcribe notes
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 06:46:17 -0600

On 12-06-13 05:07 AM, Philip Thomas wrote:

I wasn't
expecting this to be a tension-free exercise, especially having followed some
other recent threads with interest. Nor
am I going to deflate if an expanded cheatsheet doesn't materialize or doesn't
attract any interest. I'm not especially
tough-skinned, but I have some time on my hands and the challenge appeals to
me. Equally, however, I don't feel
inclined, at least at present, to dive into what for me would be the LilySwamp
of Texinfo, Lilydev and git.

What I
would like to attempt, for my part, is to make some contribution from the
perspective of a (comparative but not utter
beginner) user of the non-programmer variety, and it seems to me that expanding
and improving the content of a
cheatsheet might be both useful and within my capacity to achieve.

While Graham and David may not see eye-to-eye on
some questions of approach and how best to manage user contributions, I don't
feel discouraged by what either of them
has said so far as my working on such a task is concerned, so I intend to just
do it, keeping my aims fairly modest,
and see what the reaction is, if any, to the result. I don't think I need any
technical mentoring at this stage,
although I'll definitely be pleased to get feedback -- from anyone -- on drafts.

Cheers, Philip

I'd be willing to give you what help I can, Philip. My doc skills are rusty but I can usually get changes done, and if we get stumped, I can probably point you in a useful direction. Most of my help will likely be encouraging emails, but by the sound of your input so far, you probably won't need much more.

Cheers,
Colin the Elder

--
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both
hands.