Re: playback gets out of sync with grace notes

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: playback gets out of sync with grace notes
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:51:02 +0200

ornello <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi again,
>
> has anybody been able to reproduce the sync problem?
>
> It is not a player problem - I could reproduce it with various MIDI players.
> Strangely enough, removing either measure 1 or measure 2 resolves the sync
> problem, so it is hard for me to find a simpler example...

<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns#grace-notes>
states at the bottom

Each grace note in MIDI output has a length of 1/4 of its actual
duration. If the combined length of the grace notes is greater than the
length of the preceding note a “Going back in MIDI time” error will be
generated. Either make the grace notes shorter in duration, for example:

    \acciaccatura { c'8[ d' e' f' g'] }

becomes:

    \acciaccatura { c'16[ d' e' f' g'] }

Or explicitly change the musical duration:

    \acciaccatura { \scaleDurations 1/2 { c'8[ d' e' f' g'] } }

See Scaling durations.

--
David Kastrup