Re: neutral direction cues

From: Ramana Kumar
Subject: Re: neutral direction cues
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 09:36:10 +0100

OK, consider this example slightly modified from the Notation Manual:

fluteNotes = \relative c'' {
  r2. c4 | d8 c d e fis,2 | g'2 d |
}

oboeNotes = \relative c'' {
  r1
  \cueDuring #"flute" #UP { s1 }
  g2 c,
}

\addQuote "flute" { \fluteNotes }

\new Staff { \oboeNotes }

I'm interested in changing the "#UP" to a neutral direction because I want the stems in the cue to be neutral direction. But If I use "#0" instead of "#UP", the notes are not formatted as cue notes at all.

The reason why it makes sense to format the cue notes with a neutral direction is that the other part is made entirely of spacer rests ("s1") so really only one part is being printed.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM, -Eluze <address@hidden> wrote:

Ramana Kumar-2 wrote:

> Hi LilyPond
>
> Is it possible to do something like \cueDuring without specifying a
> direction?
>
> I know there is a polyphonic situation, but sometimes the thing happening
> during the cue is entirely spacer rests.
> In that case it would be nice to format the cue with a neutral direction.
>
> I tried giving the direction #0 but that seems to make \cueDuringWithClef
> ignore the clef.
> Fixing this would probably be the best option from a user's perspective.
>
> I don't know how to set up a \cueVoice manually in such a way that it
> quotes only the relevant extract from a quote, i.e. those "during" my
> spacer rests.

can you please give some code as example !? - I'm not sure to understand
your request correctly.

thanks
Eluze