centering text

From: simon blackmore
Subject: centering text
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:01:55 +0100

Hi there,

This is my first message so apologies if its a bit simple.

I am just trying to put some centered text on each bar of music. One word per a bar. The code below puts the words at the end, so I guess its aligning to the note rather than the bar.

I am generating this in SuperCollider so ideally I would like a clean way of having bars written and centered text to go with them. I am not fussy how its implemented as long as its concise. I imagine there is someway to style the text so that I only need to say centered once
but as I mentioned I am just working my way through this.

Any ideas on a good approach ?

Many thanks

Simon

\header{
  title = "hello world"
}

  \new RhythmicStaff {
    \new Voice = "myRhythm" {

      \time 4/4

    r8 r8 r8 c8  r8 c8 c8 r8 -\markup  {  \center-align bar1 }
    c8 r8 c8 r8 r8 c8 c8 r8 -\markup { \center-align { bar2 } }