Re: A couple house-style adaptment questions

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: A couple house-style adaptment questions
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 12:52:32 +0200

On 16 June 2012 11:45, Rodolfo Zitellini <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have to prepare a book to follow the house style of my publisher,
> and I'm struggling a bit with the following things:
>
> 1) Aligned BassFigures ABOVE the staff.
> The publisher wants them all above. I include the figures to my Staff
> context and set \bassFigureStaffAlignmentUp: it works, but each number
> gets it's vertical position from the note it hase above, with the
> result that the figures are not uniformly aligned. Is there a way to
> aligne them to the same baseline? It would be the same as when you put
> them in the FiguredBass context under the staff (tried a FiguredBass
> context but it seems it can be placed only under the staff and not
> above).

Hi,

A FiguredBass context above the staff works here.
Or is this result not what you want?

%%%% Snippet

\version "2.15.40"

\score {
  <<
    \new FiguredBass {
      \figuremode {
        <6>4 <5> <6 4> <6 5/> |
        <5>1
    \new Staff {
      \clef bass
      \relative c {
        c4 f g g, |
        c1

%%%% End of snippet

> 2) Figured bass font.
> The publisher asked me to use the same font they use for all the texts
> for the figured bass (a variation of Garamond). I did something like
> \override BassFigure #'font-name = #"Garamond Premier Pro"
> and it works well, except that all the alterations are too big for the
> tiny numbers in Garamond. Is there a way to scale just the alteration
> glyphs?

I found this discussion:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-06/msg00336.html
referring to