Re: A couple house-style adaptment questions

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: A couple house-style adaptment questions
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 07:09:36 -0500

Hi Rodolfo,

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Rodolfo Zitellini <address@hidden> wrote:
I am looking a bit on the bracketed-accidental issue (which could be
my only conditio sine qua non with my publisher).
It seems that the parenthesis are hard-coded in accidental.cc (line 35
and 37, accidentals.leftparen and accidentals.rightparen). Would it be
possible to add an option to select parenthesis/bracket and change the
glyph? or in alternative add a callback to I can hook a custom bracket
stencil? what do you think?

One option would be to override the cautionary accidental's stencil.  Here I've made use of bracketify-stencil, which is found in `stencil.scm'.  I've included a comment line to show what the various parameters are so you can adjust this to your liking.

Hope this helps!

-David

 \version "2.15.40"

#(define (bracketed-cautionary grob)
  (let ((stil (ly:accidental-interface::print grob)))
    ; (bracketify-stencil stil axis thick protrusion padding)
    (bracketify-stencil stil Y 0.1 0.25 0.2)))

\relative c'' {
  \override AccidentalCautionary #'parenthesized = ##f
  \override AccidentalCautionary #'stencil = #bracketed-cautionary
  cis? c? ces? ceses?
  cisis?