Re: help scheme TAB strings music-function

From: Robby R
Subject: Re: help scheme TAB strings music-function
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 07:08:06 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks David,

I followed your advice about markup-list, but still am in the dark --- see
below.

> David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:
>

> >> setStrTuningCLEF =
> >>    #(define-music-function
> >>            (parser location tuning)
> >>            (list?)
> >
> > Needs to be markup-list? in 2.14.  Current versions of LilyPond are not

I changed it to (markup-list?).  I get the following error:

    ly:40:24: wrong type for argument 1.  Expecting markup list, found (D B G D
g)

            \setStrTuningCLEF #'( D B G D g )

I'm even very confused as to how I would write the command if I could actually
make it.  What would ARG be in \myNewMusicFunction ARG?  Is it different for
(list?), (cheap-list?), (markup-list?), etc.  I have a degree in C.S. and this
is making me feel pretty stupid!

Regarding Janek Warchoł's reply, I read the thread he suggested.  I can get my
TAB to look right by using only the part commented with "WORKS":
      \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup {   \center-column { 1 2 3 4 5 } }

However, my goal is something along the lines of :

         \setStrTuningCLEF #'("Banjo" ( D B G D g ))
         or
         \setStrTuningCLEF #'("Fiddle" ( D A D D ))

except I probably have the method of entering 'args' all wrong.

> >>                    \override Staff.InstrumentName
> > Should give a warning since InstrumentName is not a valid property name

* I get warnings if I change the case.

Thanks again, RR