Re: "-dshow-available-fonts" vs. UNIX stdout?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: "-dshow-available-fonts" vs. UNIX stdout?
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:38:47 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

It would be arguable that an explicitly requested list of fonts is not
an "informative message".

For the record: if you call a typical GNU utility with bad options, it
outputs correct usage information to stderr.  If, in contrast, you call
it with --help, it outputs correct usage information to stdout.

In the first case, we are talking about diagnostics, in the second case,
we are talking about requested output.

--
David Kastrup