Reverse Lilypond Book...

From: Sami
Subject: Reverse Lilypond Book...
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:50:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all!

This has probably been asked before, but I haven't found it anywhere, so I
ask it myself. Excuse any repetition, and please direct me there if it
exists and you can find it easily.

With lilypond-book and co, what I understood is that one writes a LaTeX
document with lilypond snippets. Essentially, it is a text document, and has
some musical examples. LaTeX is the boss.

What if we want to do the exact opposite? Like, a music book with snippets
of TeX or LaTex-formatted text. An ideal situation would be for prefaces,
contents, etc. to be in LaTex, or TeX or whatever, and then the music in
lilypond, and all of this inside the lilypond file.

I suppose that each LaTeX snippet would be a small LaTeX document with its
own preamble etc, and most page-formatting variables dictated by lilypond,
which would do the analogous of what lilypond-book does, but in reverse.
Such a case would be great if one wants to write a music book, but using the
Tex text functionality for any big chunks of text, like cover pages,
prefaces, contents, etc.

Is any of this possible?