Notes inside markup

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Notes inside markup
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 17:45:55 +1000

I'm reproducing a score that contains the construct shown in the attached image example.png, with four 32nd notes below the stave inside braces. With the ly code below I can get the output attached in test.png, but I haven't managed to figure out how to raise the beamed notes so that they are between the braces rather than below them. How can I do that? I'd also like reduce the weight of the beams on the notes inside the markup. They don't seem to get reduced in weight when the size of the notes is reduced.

As an aside, the \stemUp that I have at the beginning of the file is being ignored by the d16[ c32 b] at the end of the file. Is this a bug or due to something else?

%%========================
\version "2.15.40"

\relative c'' {
    \stemUp
    \slashedGrace e8_\markup {
        \concat {
            \fontsize #6 "["
            \score {
                \new Staff \with {
                    \remove Staff_symbol_engraver
                    \remove Time_signature_engraver
                    \remove Clef_engraver
                }
                \relative c'' {
                    \set fontSize = #-4
                    \override Stem #'length-fraction = #(magstep -4)
                    \stemUp
                    c32~[ c c c]
                }
                    \layout { indent = 0\cm }