Re: Changing key after line break

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Changing key after line break
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:28:34 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2012-06-23 21:39, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>     <URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/visibility-
>     of-objects#using-break_002dvisibility>
>
> I can't figure this out. I have tried all permutations of the vector
> format but it still displays the KeySignature at the last bar or each
> line

Let's do a bit of copy and paste:

    Key signature – see below

[...]

Special considerations

Visibility following explicit changes

The break-visibility property controls the visibility of key signatures
and changes of clef only at the start of lines, i.e. after a break. It
has no effect on the visibility of the key signature or clef following
an explicit key change or an explicit clef change within or at the end
of a line. In the following example the key signature following the
explicit change to B-flat major is still visible, even though
all-invisible is set.

    \key g \major
    f4 g a b
    % Try to remove all key signatures
    \override Staff.KeySignature #'break-visibility = #all-invisible
    \key bes \major
    f4 g a b
    \break
    f4 g a b
    f4 g a b

    [image of music]

The visibility of such explicit key signature and clef changes is
controlled by the explicitKeySignatureVisibility and
explicitClefVisibility properties. These are the equivalent of the
break-visibility property and both take a vector of three booleans or
the predefined functions listed above, exactly like
break-visibility. Both are properties of the Staff context, not the
layout objects themselves, and so they are set using the \set
command. Both are set by default to all-visible. These properties
control only the visibility of key signatures and clefs resulting from
explicit changes and do not affect key signatures and clefs at the
beginning of lines; break-visibility must still be overridden in the
appropriate object to remove these.

    \key g \major
    f4 g a b
    \set Staff.explicitKeySignatureVisibility = #all-invisible

--
David Kastrup