Re: function does not replicate \markup?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: function does not replicate \markup?
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 05:43:56 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have just made my first Lilypond function!
> but somehow it doesn't do what I want it to do...
> The box with the number isn't located at the same position and it's a
> bigger size.
> WHY?

Because it is a rehearsal mark rather than a text script?  If you write
the contents of the music function in the file rather than a text
script, the results should be pretty much identical.

> %% Start of file
> \version "2.14.2"
>
> fN = #(define-music-function (parser location fretp ) (string?)
>
> #{
> \once \override Score . RehearsalMark #'direction = #DOWN
> \once \override Score . RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
> \mark \markup { \box \italic  $fretp }
> #}
> )

> {
> <c' e' g' >_\markup { \box \italic { 8 } }
> <c' e' g'> \fN "8"
> }

Try to see whether you can convince your mail client to include code
without removing its indentation and double-spacing the lines.  Makes it
easier to talk about code.

--
David Kastrup