Re: function does not replicate \markup?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: function does not replicate \markup?
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 12:10:23 +0200

On 2012-06-24 11:19, David Kastrup wrote:
You make overrides for a TextScript but still use a mark here.
I see what your are saying, but ...
In my function I need a command?
\mark is the only one I have found that output a text, but obviously it's not the correct command!
So what is the command I should use??

Still double-spaced.
Ok, will try something else...
fN = #(define-music-function (parser location fretp ) (string?)
    #{
        \once \override TextScript #'self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
        \once \override TextScript #'direction = #DOWN
        \mark \markup { \box \italic \small $fretp }
    #}
)

Anyway, you ask why different things look different. It is because they are different things. There is not really more to it than that. The real question is why this poses a problem for you, and what it is you are actually trying to achieve.
Sorry I thought I had explained this. I want the first result. Where the number is located directly under the note or chord.

// Anders
English isn't my first language.
So any error or strangeness is due to the translation.
Please correct my English so that I may become better.