Re: change notehead without changing duration

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: change notehead without changing duration
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 06:58:54 +0200

On 26 juin 2012, at 00:08, Jeffrey Trevino wrote:

Huzzah! Like a charm. A sort-of related question: Is there a straightforward tutorial somewhere about creating custom noteheads and flags? There's a good snippet about new flags, but I have yet to see something about creating new notehead sets with Scheme.

thanks for your help,
Jeff

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 25 juin 2012, at 23:02, Jeffrey Trevino wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Is there a straightforward way to change a notehead glyph without
>> changing the note's duration? I'm doing a beamless, stemless
>> notation, and I'd like to make some half notes look like quarter
>> notes, although they should still be half notes to Lilypond.
>>
>> thank ya,
>> Jeff
>>

> \relative c'' {
>   \override NoteHead #'duration-log = #1
>   a4 a a a
>   \override NoteHead #'duration-log = #2
>   a2 a a a
> }
>
> Go Cardinal!

Seems like a4*2 and a2*1/2 are a bit simpler to use.

--
David Kastrup

《〠》】〶【〖〠〗〶〛〷〚
Jeff Treviño
PhD Candidate in Music Composition
@ the University of California, San Diego
〖〠〗〶〛〷〚《〠》】〶
Skype: jeffreytrevino
E-mail: address@hidden
〚《〠》】〶【〖〠〗〶〛〷
9310H Redwood Dr.
La Jolla, CA 92037
USA

\relative c'' {
  \override NoteHead #'stencil = #(make-circle-stencil 0.4 2 #f)
  a a c c
  \override NoteHead #'style = #'petrucci % for centered stems
  a a c c
}

Or whatever custom stencil floats your boat!

Cheers,
MS