Re: Lyrics in color

From: Aleksandr Andreev
Subject: Re: Lyrics in color
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:16:07 -0400

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM, David Nalesnik
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Svetlana!
>
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Svetlana <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi David!
>>
>> I feel very sorry that I didn't manage to make a good example for LSR that
>> days. Assembling the real scores was so exciting. If you will be so kind to
>> help me to accomplish this work, I'll make files for LSR till this weekend.

The Scheme function developed by David is a very clever and useful approach.

Looking back at the discussion in that thread, I see that you are
working with a custom font that uses the Cyrillic block to encode
Znamenny notation.

We're currently working on a project to include Znamenny notation in
Unicode. It is still in a nascent stage, but you can find our work so
far here:
http://www.ponomar.net/files/prop_znamen.pdf

The issue is that we need to be able to apply color to certain
diacritical marks without breaking the OpenType positioning rules.
What appears to happen now is that when color is applied, LilyPond
treats the colored glyph as a separate text block from the previous
glyph and so the positioning rules are ignored.

Aleksandr