Re: tunefl and other web services

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: tunefl and other web services
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 21:55:29 +0200

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> The GNU Manifesto is also not a legal statement, but a philosophical
> one.  LilyPond is a GNU project and thus has subscribed to this
> philosophy.  I did not remember plans to change that, and it is not like
> it has served us badly.

If LilyPond must be used more and more as a server application, then
perhaps a switch to AGPL should be considered? (It only adds one
section.) Otherwise, the GPLv4 should (supposedly) merge the AGPL
requirement so the switch will probably occur naturaly any decade from
now :-)

By the way, another example of these "non-free" server-based
applications would be http://etudeapp.com.

Cheers,
Valentin.