Re: lyrics in cadenza

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: lyrics in cadenza
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 21:49:19 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Helge Kruse" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 9:37 PM
Subject: lyrics in cadenza

Hello,

I am new to vocal music notation. I have a piece where I want to write
a coloratura/cadenza. I have two problems.

1) Lilypond reports that it finds an unlimited hyphen. It removes the
hyphen as well as the remaining text.

2) I need the slur to indicate that the notes belong to one syllable.
That's okay, so Lilypond knows how long the coloratura should be. But
I would like to hide the slur, since the singer doesn't need it. The
autograph doesn't have a slur anyway. Can you help hiding it?

Regards
Helge

\version "2.15.40"

soprano = \relative c''  {
 \key d \major
 \clef soprano
 \time 2/4
r8 e d c |
 b( \cadenzaOn g'~\fermata g16[ fis a g] fis[ e d c] b[ c d c] b[ a g
fis] e8[ c' b  \cadenzaOff a] g16.[ a32])  a4\trill |
 d,4 r
}

sopranoWords = \lyricmode { zu neu -- en Freu  -- den wach. }

\score {
 \new PianoStaff <<
   \new Staff { \new Voice = "one" \soprano }
   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "one" { \sopranoWords  }

}

Please check the documentation for \skip or \melisma which should do what you want.

--
Phil Holmes