Re: tunefl and other web services

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tunefl and other web services
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:22:50 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

>>> She is about as relevant to music typesetting as a spotted flycatcher.
>>> Probably less so, since the latter is at least unmistakenly a songbird.
>>
>> Here's a low res photo of one sitting on my weather station.  Their
>> song's not great, tho...
>
> I agree that it's not their main appeal.  Here's a bunch that's supposed
> to go into training next week or so.
> ==============================
>
> That's lovely.   Not quite sure where ours are nesting this year, so
> not sure about young.  In the UK, they're an at risk species - what
> about in Germany?

According to some 1994 census, 200000-440000 breeding pairs.  Depleted,
not endangered.  Not particularly rare.  That's also the approximate
number of horse fly breeding pairs on the premise.  It's been a few
years since I last spotted an eagle owl here, though.  They were
breeding about a kilometer away then, no idea if they are still around.
We also have several kinds of woodpeckers here.  A black poplar is
popular with them.

--
David Kastrup