Re: tunefl and other web services

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tunefl and other web services
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 18:37:00 +0200

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> At Thu, 12 Jul 2012 05:23:43 -0400,
> address@hidden wrote:
>> From: Mike Blackstock
>> Subject: Re: tunefl and other web services
>
>> Interesting - 'aiming for a depiction of beauty or a pretty woman' -
>> they're mutually exclusive? I was aiming for a depiction of beauty,
>> and chose a beautiful woman. It could have been a beautiful sunset
>> and why am I even writing this?
>
> Continuing to beat the dead horse: A handsome man would have made more
> of an impact on me. :-p

The overall more convex shape of women lends itself better for smooth
light gradients lending plasticity to a two-dimensional rendition.  When
aiming for a more abstract rather than an anatomical impression of
beauty, the fair sex offers definite advantages.

One can further enhance visual plasticity by working with large brushes
and graduations of powder makeup.  That does not work well with the
knotted landscape of a "handsome man".

If makeup shades compete with lighting shadows, it gets quite harder to
get a consistent result.

There are quite a few gay photographers, fashion designers and hair
stylists, and quite often the fair sex is still their preferred work
material.

Anyway, I did once beat a dead horse for a while (I tried getting it to
stand up again, as the first thought after it had collapsed with a
sudden aorta rupture on the riding ground was a severe colic attack).  A
rather traumatic experience I would not wish on anybody.

--
David Kastrup