Re: Horizontal spacing at the left of each staff

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Horizontal spacing at the left of each staff
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:11:15 +0200

2012/7/23 Thomas Baruchel <address@hidden>:
> Hi, I removed many engravers with the code below, and now the first note
> on each staff (at the left) is completely at the beginning of the staff
> without any horizontal spacing before. How can I have some left indentation
> INSIDE the staff. Regards.
>

> \layout {
>   indent=0
>   \context {
>     \PianoStaff
>     \remove "System_start_delimiter_engraver"
>   }
>   \context {
>     \Staff
>     \remove "Bar_engraver"
>     \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
>   }
>   \context {
>     \Score
>     \remove "Bar_number_engraver"
>     \remove "System_start_delimiter_engraver"
>     \override SpacingSpanner #'shortest-duration-space = #1.5
>   }
> }

Hi,

your description of the problem isn't associated with your code,
because there _is_ space after the clef.

Perhaps you wanted to remove the clef, too?

If so, I suggest not to remove the engraver, but to set the stencil to
'point-stencil. With this override the 'space-alist of LeftEdge and
Clef are working. Ofcourse these lists could be altered by an
additional override (see code below) introducing your own values.
Please note that I changed only one element of the alist. If it works
for you, fine, otherwise you should redefine the complete lists.

\version "2.14.2"

\layout {
  indent=0
  \context {
    \PianoStaff
    \remove "System_start_delimiter_engraver"
  }
  \context {
    \Staff
    \remove "Bar_engraver"
    \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
    \override Clef #'stencil = #point-stencil
  }
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Bar_number_engraver"
    \remove "System_start_delimiter_engraver"
    \override SpacingSpanner #'shortest-duration-space = #1.5

mus = \relative c' {
%        \override Score.LeftEdge #'space-alist #'clef =
%       #'(extra-space . 0.0)
%        \override Staff.Clef #'space-alist #'first-note =
%       #'(minimum-fixed-space . 0.0)
        \repeat unfold 3 {
                c4 d e f
                g a b c
        }
        \break
        \set Staff.explicitKeySignatureVisibility = #'#(#f #t #t)
        \key cis\major
%        \override Score.KeySignature #'space-alist #'first-note =
%       #'(extra-space . 2.0)
        \repeat unfold 3 {
                c,4 d e f
                g a b c

\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff \mus
  \new Staff \transpose c c, { \clef bass \mus }

HTH,
  Harm