Re: Graphical scores

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Graphical scores
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:54:10 +0200

On 23 juil. 2012, at 17:33, Thomas Baruchel wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Thomas Baruchel wrote:
>> is it possible to use lilypond for typesetting some (not too much)
>> graphical scores? To be more precise, I would like to know a little
>> about "absolute positionning" of notes.
>
> In order to be more precise, would it be possible, for instance, to
> typeset the following page of Jean Catoire's opus 312 (a french modern
> composer, see http://www.lephenomenesonore.com/ ). The first page of the
> work can be seen there: http://cjoint.com/12ju/BGblUIFGde5.htm
>
> Regards, B.

This type of score is totally doable in LilyPond, but it is not clear from the
handwriting of the composer how horizontal alignment is supposed to work.
Sometimes, the notes in a diad are not horizontally aligned.  Is this
intentional?

Other than that, just create as many staves as there are in the piece, remove
the stem engraver, and create chords diads on the staves such that they line up
how they do in the example you sent, using spaces for the blank parts.  For the
slightly larger space in the middle of the staff you can use \hideNotes
\unHideNotes to force a note-width in there.

Cheers,
MS