Re: how to typeset introductory notes

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: how to typeset introductory notes
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 21:51:47 +0200

On 23/07/2012 21:44, Martin Guy wrote:
hi!
   This must be the stupidest question of the year :( but I can't
figure out how to typeset a piece which starts with a partial bar of a
couple of notes before the real thing, with full 4/4 bars, starts.
I'm sure I saw it in the docs a few years ago but I'm can neither find
it now nor remember what term to search for...

Any help would be appreciated.

"partial": you got the keyword :-)

If you got to the P index of Notation Reference, you get to:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/displaying-rhythms#upbeats

HTH
--
Federico