Re: Installing LilyPond man pages

From: james
Subject: Re: Installing LilyPond man pages
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 18:03:00 +0200

On Jul 15, 2012, at 7:58 PM, macula wrote:

Dear collective wisdom,

For the life of me, I have been trying to make the LilyPond man pages
accessible on MacOS. I am a reasonably experienced user of the Mac terminal
(Bash shell) but this seemingly simple challenge has defeated me. I have
tinkered with the /etc/man.conf file, tried the "manpaths.d" method, even
tried to just dump the LilyPond man files in the standard
/usr/local/share/man. Nothing, absolutely nothing has been successful.

In a nutshell: if any of you MacOS users has successfully done this, could
you please tell me how? Where did  you place the man files? And did you make
any modifications to /etc/man.conf?

Thank you!

I install the manpages (and info files) on OSX, but, I also build the entire documentation along with it. It might be easier to build the entire documentation, then the manfiles get installed.