Re: lilypond music notation programs as a substitution for Finale.

From: Frédéric Bron
Subject: Re: lilypond music notation programs as a substitution for Finale.
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 18:21:25 +0200

> I am trying to find a free solfware of music notation of Church Music as a
> substitution for Finale with which I cannot write a particular latin script
> extended unicode.

Why writing to bug-lilypond list? I reply to lilypond-user list.

The documentation is pretty good. You can start here:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/learning/index
For unicode, you can just write your input file using the UTF8 encoding.
You can also enter a specific glyph by its code: \markup { \char ##x03EE }

Frédéric