vertical spacing of text-paragraphs

From: Dr. med. Kai Lautenschläger
Subject: vertical spacing of text-paragraphs
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:47:40 +0200

Dear List,

When I write text with several paragraphs, I noticed a different vertical spacing after the paragraphs, when they include semicolon (;) or "\"" (quotation marks). This does not change when I try to control the spacing with \vspace. Am I missing something or is this expected behavior? Any suggestions how I can have equal vertical spacing between paragraphs. See the code below:

\version "2.15.41"
\markup {
\column {
\bold {
Titel
}
\justify {
Text with ; called semicolon
} \vspace #0.1
\justify {
Text with no semicolon
} \vspace #0.1
\justify {
Another text with ; semicolon
} \vspace #0.1
\justify {
And again one without.
} \vspace #0.1
\justify {
And "\"just" for presentation's "sake\"" a text with quotation marks.
} \vspace #0.1
\justify {
Plain text again.
} \vspace #0.1