Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:51:14 +0100

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 03:35:09PM +0200, Nils wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:40:30PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> > > Location is Waltrop near Dortmund in Germany, date is August 24th to
> > > 28th.  Here is the web site, and the agenda for starters.
> > >
> > > <URL:http://news.lilynet.net/?LilyPond-meeting-in-Waltrop>
>
> Is it possible to just visit for one or two days?

Yes, absolutely!

> I am from Cologne so I would come by car and do not need any space sleep or
> food etc.

not even lunch?  :)
anyway, sounds great.

> My main reason, besides meet and greet,  for a visit would be to make a small
> presentation of my graphical Lilypond frontend Laborejo
> (http://www.laborejo.org) as an aside, if you want that.

That sounds good -- but note that this is in a ranch, presumably
without any data projectors.  So I expect that we'd be clustered
around a single computer, or possibly around a few computers which
are showing the same webpage or pdf files ?

Does anybody know if it's possible to rent a low-quality (say,
640x480) VGA projector for a weekend in Germany for any reasonable
price?  assuming that David has any walls painted white, or maybe
also renting a portable screen?

My vague sense is that most VGA projector rentals would be aimed
at businesses, and would probably be a few hundred euros per day.
That's absolutely not what we want... actually, it might even be
cheaper to find an old VGA projector on ebay or craigslist or
whatever the equivalent is in Germany.

Come to think of it, I might be able to borrow something from my
supervisor at university -- but then I'd need to take it on the
airplane, through airport security, etc.  And it would be quite
big and bulky.

- Graham