Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:52:29 +0200

>> Is it possible to just visit for one or two days?
>
> Yes, absolutely!
>
>> I am from Cologne so I would come by car and do not need any space
>> sleep or food etc.
>
> not even lunch?  :)
> anyway, sounds great.

If it is just one day you'll be coming, we'll need to figure out the
best day after knowing who will be there when and what kind of talks we
are planning.

> Does anybody know if it's possible to rent a low-quality (say,
> 640x480) VGA projector for a weekend in Germany for any reasonable
> price?  assuming that David has any walls painted white, or maybe also
> renting a portable screen?

LCD projector is €10/day at the local video rental.  I guess that we'll
make use of that offer at least on some days.  It is necessary booking
ahead, though, but that should not be much of a problem.

> My vague sense is that most VGA projector rentals would be aimed
> at businesses, and would probably be a few hundred euros per day.

We are living in more modern times.

--
David Kastrup