Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 16:33:34 +0100

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 04:52:29PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
> > Does anybody know if it's possible to rent a low-quality (say,
> > 640x480) VGA projector for a weekend in Germany for any reasonable
> > price?  assuming that David has any walls painted white, or maybe also
> > renting a portable screen?
>
> LCD projector is €10/day at the local video rental.  I guess that we'll
> make use of that offer at least on some days.  It is necessary booking
> ahead, though, but that should not be much of a problem.

That low?  Seriously?  wow.  ok, that's covered.

Ok, what else... you've mentioned "more people able to roll
releases", which would be a fantastic way to increase our bus
factor.  However, that would require serious horsepower, and
you've only got six (according to the website).  I'm only bringing
my netbook, and I know that your laptop can't handle it.  I
suppose that I could leave my university desktop on and we could
ssh into it (under supervision), but if anybody has a reasonably
powerful desktop computer and doesn't mind bringing it, that would
make the process _much_ easier.  I can bring a CD with the
relevant downloads so that we don't need to download 600 MB+ on
your rural internet connection[1].

[1] which, in the US or Canada, would absolutely suck, but I now
suspect is better than my connection in central Glasgow.

- Graham