Vertical spacing: Was between-system-space deprecated?

From: ivan . k . kuznetsov
Subject: Vertical spacing: Was between-system-space deprecated?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:27:46 -0500

I am interested in controlling the vertical spacing
within systems.

I recently migrated from 2.12.2 to 2.15.39 .

In my one lilypond score, the spacing between
systems changed greatly between the PDFs built with
these two versions

Online documentation v2.12, has a section that specifically
discusses this:

  4.4.2 Vertical spacing between systems

and discusses the use of the following four variables:

  between-system-space = 1.5\cm
  between-system-padding = #1
  ragged-bottom=##f
  ragged-last-bottom=##f

I started looking at the 2.14 documentation (the most
recent I could find at http://lilypond.org) and the title
of 4.4.2 was changed to:

   4.4.2 Explicit staff and system positioning

(which generally means the same thing) though now this
section includes no mention of the
between-system-space and between-system-padding
variables.

Are these four variables considered deprecated?

Thanks;