Dealing with Deprecation (Was Re: Vertical spacing: Was between-system-s

From: ivan . k . kuznetsov
Subject: Dealing with Deprecation (Was Re: Vertical spacing: Was between-system-space deprecated?)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:25:54 -0500

"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:

> You'll find the documentation for 2.15 to the right of the
> home page, under Quick links.
>
> Vertical spacing in 2.14 and 2.15 is completely different from
> 2.12.  You'll need to read section 4.1.4 rather than 4.4.2 in
> the Notation Reference.

Does such a large revision of syntax where keywords are deprecated
happen often?  How do people who have large collections of lilypond
scores deal with this?

wjm <address@hidden> writes:

> Did you use convert.ly to 'upgrade' your lilypond score?

And I was not aware of this option, thank you for
bringing it to my attention.  Still, I would guess
that converting old versions of lilypond scores to the latest
version with a script would not be flawless.

How has this been working for others?

Thanks;