Strange output of \addFingering

From: address@hidden
Subject: Strange output of \addFingering
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 16:24:22 +0200

I'm using the scheme function \addFingering to add string numbers to a music part. Since my music is supposed to be played on a Pedal Steel Guitar I need some special string numbers.

On the Pedal Steel Guitar there are 10 string (may be more or less, but this is standard)
On a number of the strings there is a pedal that retune the string.
So I need to be able to set string number to a value between 1 - 10 and also have a letter after the string number. E.g 5A

The first part works perfectly in the \addFingering function but the second part. Well I get the letter but it's not the same size as the number!

Why and how do I change the function so that it displays the letter (or letters) in the same size as the number.

The \addFingering function can be found here: http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=768
It's also included in the attached TestStringNumber.ly file

melody = \relative c' {

}

\score {

<<

\new Staff { \addFingering \melody

#"

"

// Anders

--
English isn't my first language.
So any error or strangeness is due to the translation.