Re: Positioning text below notes at the same height

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Positioning text below notes at the same height
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 20:49:41 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2012-08-02 20:24, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Ah, "version 2.14.2".  In a current version, you could just write
>
> I thought that version 2.14.2 was the current version!?
> That is what it says on the web site. Stable version

Yes, that's the one we left in the stable.  Jockeying aside, the
development version has acquired quite a lot of new functionality.  The
increased pace of development was not really a good match to our release
procedures: the first 2.16 release candidate was announced about a year
ago, and we have not met the release criteria since then long enough to
actually make a release.

So IIRC, as of today I have been given dictatorial powers to bring off
the 2.16 release.  While replacing a rigid policy with ad-hoc human
judgment will hopefully speed up the release process, the time frame is
not measured in days since I am trying to bring this off with a modicum
of responsibility.

--
David Kastrup