Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: LilyPond developer&user meeting in Waltrop, August 24th to 28th
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 09:01:20 +0200

Am 02.08.2012 21:09, schrieb David Kastrup:
Rodolfo Zitellini <address@hidden> writes:

I think I could come more or less from the 24th to the 27th, do you
have already planned some of the activities?
It is a bit hard to do at the current level of registrations.  Graham is
there the whole time, Mike will arrive on Saturday noonish.  Several
Germans will likely arrive on Saturday.
I think I'll arrive the evening before Friday and could stay during
the full time span.
  It probably makes sense to
focus the weekend on the more user-accessible aspects of Scheme
programming: what one can do in the realm of music functions, music and
markup manipulation.  Also auxiliary programs, like editors, Midi
workflow, LilyPond exporting applications.

It probably makes sense to already start on Friday with "basic" Scheme
stuff: general features of Scheme/Guile, Scheme as a general purpose
programming language, programming constructs, and finally how music
expressions are dealt with in Scheme.  Possibly also put a flex/bison
parser session there.

Monday perhaps Build System and other scripting stuff, as well as
Scheme-level backend programming (engravers, grobs, pure/unpure).  Also
try to get more people acquainted with "how to roll a release".

Tuesday as reserve track for now.
Sounds good!

Regards,

Marc