Re: Paralellizing Lilypond [was: Re: Sibelius Software UK office shutsdo

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Paralellizing Lilypond [was: Re: Sibelius Software UK office shutsdown]
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:21:27 +0100

On 10/08/12 15:08, Phil Holmes wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Rushton Wakeling"
<address@hidden>
What counts as a "chunk" for the -djob-count option?  It's not clear from the
2.15 usage manual.

I believe it would be a compilable file.

Useful to know, thank you!

... but I think it emphasizes my real point: this puts the onus on the user to split up a project into independently-compilable units. I think that it's worth having Lilypond try and automatically identify independent units, which could have knock-on benefits in terms of minimizing rebuild times for scores.