Re: Paralellizing Lilypond [was: Re: Sibelius Software UK office shutsdo

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Paralellizing Lilypond [was: Re: Sibelius Software UK office shutsdown]
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 15:30:16 +0200

On 11 août 2012, at 15:16, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 01:21:27PM +0100, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
>> ... but I think it emphasizes my real point: this puts the onus on
>> the user to split up a project into independently-compilable units.
>> I think that it's worth having Lilypond try and automatically
>> identify independent units, which could have knock-on benefits in
>> terms of minimizing rebuild times for scores.
>
> Even though this phrase has gone out of favor, it was really
> common 5-10 years ago on the lilypond mailing lists, and I think
> it's appropriate: Patches appreciated.
>
> - Graham

On this subject, I'll say that one of my hats on the development team is that
of FrogMeister, or the person who helps people with first projects in LilyPond
coding.  I have been tied up w/ professional obligations for a while now and
don't read the lists as attentively as I used to but I'm always glad to lend a
helping hand for someone who wants to start off.  So if you're interested in
doing some coding work on LilyPond, lemme know!  All levels of expertise
(including none at all) are welcome.

Cheers,
MS