Re: Import - convert

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Import - convert
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:16:48 -0400

    Jakub> Oh, blind me. Using etf2ly you can import from Finale
    Jakub> directly...

You used to be able to.  Have you done it with a recent lilypond
version?

I think the method that's encouraged for people with recent finale and
recent lilypond is to export MusicXML from Finale and use musicxml2ly to
get to lilypond.

If you have both ancient Finale and ancient lilypond, etf2ly will work,
sort of, if you aren't very demanding about lyrics.

If you have ancient Finale and recent lilypond, I think you might be
stuck with midi2ly.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are
not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight Eisenhower, Quoted by Bob Herbert in the New York Times, December 1, 2009