Re: etf2ly

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: etf2ly
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 21:01:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, Johan Vromans wrote:

Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> writes:

So if you have been using Finale for many years, and you have payed
money to upgrade to the newest Finale version year after Year, you now
suddenly can't read your old .etf files anymore!

Let's welcome those disappointed and angry Sibelius and Finale users
to our LilyPond community :-)

Not too loud, please... I've experienced several times that my music
didn't process anymore after upgrading to a newer version of LilyPond...

The big difference is that with FLOSS and an active community, you can
fix the problems.

True. I have experienced many problems with LilyPond and other Open Source software thru the years. But almost always problems were solved not much later: - I could fix the problems myself, in the sourcecode, giving back my fixes to the community - or the bug was fixed in a newer version of a program - or the bug was fixed shortly after I and/or someone else reported it

I don't always get this kind of support with commercial software!

--

MT