Re: What’s wrong with this snippet?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: What’s wrong with this snippet?
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:16:09 +0200

Vaughan McAlley <address@hidden> writes:

> This is a slight variation on:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/snippets/vocal-music#single-staff-template-with-notes-and-lyrics
>
> I’m trying to apply the idea from Skips in lyric mode[1], so that the
> lyrics start in the second bar, but the \skip only skips to the next
> note.
>
> Vaughan
>
> \version "2.14.2"
>
> melody = \relative c' {
>   \clef treble
>   \key c \major
>   \time 4/4
>
>   d4 e f g a b c d
> }
>
> text = \lyricmode {
> \skip 1 % should skip a whole bar
> Aaa Bee Cee Dee % Aaa appears on second note, not at the start of the second
> bar
> }
>
> \score{
>   <<
>     \new Voice = "one" {
>       \autoBeamOff
>       \melody
>     }
>     \new Lyrics \lyricsto "one" \text
>   >>
> }

\lyricsto refits the durations.  If you don't want to refit the
durations (but specify durations explicitly in the lyrics), leave out
the \lyricsto "one" command.  In this particular case (everything is a
quarter) you don't even need an explicit duration because the implicit
duration of 4 throughout the piece fits quite well.

--
David Kastrup