Sibelius and LilyPond parallels (was: Paralellizing Lilypond [was: Re: S

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Sibelius and LilyPond parallels (was: Paralellizing Lilypond [was: Re: Sibelius Software UK office shutsdown])
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:38:02 +0200

Michael Rivers <address@hidden> writes:

> I know this topic changed from Sibelius going belly up to
> parallelization, but I don't know where else to put it...

One needs to adapt the subject line...

> I'm a current Sibelius user who found Lilypond after panicking a
> little and a doing quick web search for open source notation
> software. I don't know how many other users may check out LP, but I
> love it so far. I just asked my wife to choose among the same piece I
> printed using Sibelius, the Finale demo, and LP, and she immediately
> pointed to the LP score and said "That one's perfect."

I found it interesting that its text input form does not even enter this
story.  I find that quite often this is what makes a major difference to
people (meaning that it is an important factor for either choosing,
tolerating or rejecting LilyPond).

Thanks for the thumbs-up!

--
David Kastrup